jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Carson Palmer traded to the Oakland Raiders

1. thelyricwriter profile image90
    thelyricwriterposted 6 years ago

Who benefits more, the Bengals or Raiders? Cincy gets a first round pick in 2012 and a 2nd round pick in 2014, which could possibly be a first round pick.

1. Shawn Scarborough profile image85
      Shawn Scarboroughposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think Cincinnati benefits the most out of this deal.  They were able to get rid of a player that no longer wanted to be there and was a distraction to the team.  They also got excellent compensation for him.  The Raiders gave up too much for him. 

If Carson Palmer has 5 prowl bowl seasons with the Raiders then they got the better deal, but I wouldn't expect that to happen based on Palmer's career so far.

2. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

2 pics 3 years ago would of been even but this was 2 much. It will still help the raiders out this year!

3. thelyricwriter profile image90
    thelyricwriterposted 6 years ago

Being a Bengal fan, I have seen him play a lot. He was elite before the knee injury. He was good after that. Once he had the elbow injury in 08, he lost his arm strength. He can't throw like he use to and he is not as accurate as before. But, he didn't want to be there long before the end of the year either. I am glad they got rid of him personallt.

4. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

andy dalton is looking better then most people thought. It looks like daulton to green will be big for you guys for years to come!

5. Whimsical Chair profile image70
    Whimsical Chairposted 5 years ago

Two weeks after the question was posted.  It looks like a very good trade considering the Raiders' pick for 2012 will be around 20th.  Also, Dalton and Green are still playing well.

working