- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair»
- Hair Coloring
Best Hair Care Products for Healthy Gorgeous Hair/ Tips on Hair Care.
Use Best Sulfate Free Shampoo
How To Have Gorgeous Hair
Do you ever wonder if you can get great hair at home? It is possible. You just have to take good care of your hair to start with.
Be sure to cut your split ends often. Did you know the split actually moves up your hair shaft making your split end much worse than it
How to Shampoo Correctly
If you want to go purely natural which also works use pure coconut or argan oil. Purchased conditioners have chemicals like silicone and other chemicals to fight the frizz. I mix a little coconut oil in a spray bottle and spritz it on my hair and face. I have to heat it up first as it will harden. You will be amazed at how it changes your hair and skin.
Don't over shampoo. Unless your hair is super frizzy you only need to shampoo about twice a week. You can condition in between if you need to. Even baby powder or cornstarch will naturally take oil out of super oily hair.
Some people like to use dry shampoo on clean hair to give it extra volume. French women are known for not shampooing often because of the harm caused by over washing.
You can use baby powder, cornstarch or purchase dry shampoo for in between washings if your hair is super oily. Some people like to use these anyway because they are known for giving your hair extra volume.
Use sulfate free shampoo. Sulfates are what makes our soaps and shampoos lather but they do contain dangerous petro chemicals. Suds are not needed to clean your hair. Sulfate free shampoo has come down in price considerably and you can look for coupons in the paper and on the internet.
Be sure to read how to shampoo correctly. Always color your hair with well conditioned hair. It not only accepts the color better but is much easier on your hair.
If you do use silicone conditioner, which I do to straighten my hair all you need is a drop.
Beautiful Hair with Great Shampoo
Hair Care starts Young
Best Inexpensive Sulfate Free Shampoo
- Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Moisturizing Sulfate -Free Shampoo.My daughter first told me about this shampoo when she had used it for her adopted Black daughter. It seals in moisture with monoi oil and vitamin B5 . It is awesome for hair that has a tendency to frizz and the smell of vanilla is awesome.
- Shea Moisture Organic Shea BUtter Curl & Shine Shampoo Great for Curly Hair , infused with Shea Butter
- L'Oreal Everstrong Sulfate-Free Fortify System Hydrate Shampoo I have personally tried this shampoo for color treated hair with good results
- Organix Thick & Full Shampoo Biotin & Collagen No Parabens and also good for color treated hair
- Renpure Organics Argan Oil Luxurious Shampoo Available at Walgreens Very Gentile
- Desert Essence Shampoo For oily Hair In Lemon Tree Oil Citrusy smell Available at the Vitamin Shop
- Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo Available at Target great for dry and oily hair
Top Selling Dry Hair Shampoo
Dry shampoo has been around for a while. Remember Pssst. There are many products to choose from now.
People use dry shampoo to buy themselves time between shampoos but other have found it can actually add body to your hair. Trial and error may be the best way to find your favorite but here are some favorites.
- Not Your Mothers Clean Freak Dry Shampoo for about $5.00
- Dove Refresh care Invigorating Dry Shampoo for about $5.00
- Umberto Beverly Hills Dry Clean Shampoo
- Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo With Oat Milk
- Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo
- Batiste Dry Shampoo reviewers love this shampoo. It comes in Dark and Light so you don't have to worry about white flecks in your dark hair.
How to Correctly Shampoo your hair for Shine, Body and Health
- Use a sulfate free shampoo
- Thoroughly wet your hair before applying shampoo
- Use the correct amount. Use a quarter size for long hair and a nickel for short hair
- Shampoo your scalp first for at least 30 second. You need to reduce all the residue, dirt, sebum, etc.
- You don't have the repeat if you have short hair but if your hair is long use less shampoo and concentrate on the ends this time.
- Thoroughly rinse all the shampoo from your hair
- Always apply some form of conditioner.
- Use a wide tooth comb in the shower to comb the conditioner through
- Rinse, rinse, rinse
- Use a cold water rinse to close your hair cuticle flat making your hair appear shinier
- If you do use a blow dryer do it on the lowest setting. This is also true for all hair appliances.
- The French never blow dry. They wash at night and let their hair dry naturally for a great tousled look.
Homemade Shampoo and Conditioner
It is easy to make your own shampoo. Just mix one Tablespoon Baking Soda. I buy mine in bulk at a warehouse club and mix with one cup distilled water. We have really good water so I never mess with distilled although it is probably better without the chlorine. Put it in a squirt bottle and use a small amount with each shampoo. People have sworn by this and how much it has helped their hair especially hair loss, which is a common occurrence after surgery and or childbirth.
To make the conditioner mix one Tablespoon Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar to one cup water. Spritz on hair and work through. Next rinse.
For Super Dry Hair of even after the Vinegar Rinse use either Straight Olive oil or Melted Coconut Oil.
Sulfate Free Shampoo
Great shampoo with Argan oil.Argan Oil Shampoo, Sulfate Free - With Argan, Jojoba, Avocado, Almond, Peach Kernel, Camellia Seed, and Keratin - 100% Safe for Color Treated Hair - For Men, Women, and Teens - All Hair Types
Homemade Beer Shampoo.
Another easy homemade shampoo is to buy a good sulfate free shampoo or even pure castile soap. Next boil down some inexpensive beer. Next you mix the beer and soap and your hair will shine for days.
- Hair Care Tips for Your Child's Curly Hair
A head full of curly hair, though beautiful, can turn into a frizzy mess if not properly cared for. Find tips for caring for curly-haired kids here.
- 8 Rules of Natural Hair Care
As African-American women, we all know that there exists a myriad of choices concerning the daily caretaking of our hair. Although such a range of pliable options exists, we also know that imbedded in how we wear our hair is history, social...
- Natural Hair Care: Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vineg...
Get shiny, soft hair for a fraction of the cost with zero scary chemicals using baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and water.
- Dressing for Success in Work, Dating and Life
It is difficult to find the right job or even meet new friends. I have written some tips on dressing right for the first impression as well as how to interact with someone on that all important first impression.
- How to Care for and Groom a Cockapoo or Any Dog incl...
A description of cockapoo with their characteristics and how to care for them pictures.
- Easy Solutions for Everyday Problems With Great Clea...
Tips on how to save your sanity and keep your house clean.
- Bulk organic herbs, spices & essential oils – Mountain Rose Herbs