Male Plastic Surgery
For a long period of time, it was almost taboo for a man to get plastic surgery, but times are definitely changing and it is no longer just women who are considering getting plastic surgery. In a world where the word "metrosexual" as well as the practice have become common place, it isn't shocking that more and more men are looking into cosmetic surgery and what it can do for them and their looks. As always this doesn't apply to all men, but it is definitely becoming more and more common place than it was just 5 years ago, and especially 10-15 years ago.
Obviously, many of the types of procedures that are popular for women, aren't as popular for men, and the opposite is the same as well. I am going to explore some of the topics related to male plastic surgery, and can hopefully enlighten you on the subject, as well as ease any concerns you may have if you're a male who is considering getting some plastic surgery done.
Some Popular Male Plastic Surgery Options
Although there are definitely differences between cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery, I am going to go more into the different cosmetic surgery options, of which plastic surgery is a part. All plastic surgery is cosmetic surgery, but not all cosmetic surgery is plastic surgery. Just wanted to clear that up.
Here are some of the most popular procedures men have done for cosmetic surgery:
- Breast Reduction
- Hair Transplantation
- Nose Reshaping
- Botox Injections
- and Liposuction (fat reduction)
Since men lose their hair and most women do not, it is obvious why hair transplantation is a popular option for men. Liposuction is pretty popular too, just like it is for women, because even after trying diets and other weight loss methods, they just didn't want to keep trying these other things so they went with liposuction. A lot of men use Botox in order to get rid of wrinkled on their face. Lastly, is pretty common for men who do get plastic surgery to get their nose reshaped because they usually don't like the size or shape of the nose they were born with.
The Cost of Some Cosmetic Surgeries
Often times price can be a prohibitive when it comes to getting plastic surgery or not. especially in these economic times, it can be hard to get these additional procedures done. Since they are usually all cosmetic, most insurance companies will not cover them and so you'll have to end up paying out of pocket, and usually financing them which leads to additional charges over the payment terms.
Here are some general prices for what some of the cosmetic surgeries mentioned above may cost:
- Face lifts will cost you around $5,000 to $10,000, depending on how much work needs to be done.
- Botox injections will set you back around $300 but you may need to get multiple injections.
- Nose jobs will run you around $3,000.
- Liposuction can start at $2,000 but it usually goes up from there, depending on how much fat needs to be removed.
Cost Saving Measure You Can Take
As you can see, cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery for men can become quite expensive. But, there are definitely a few ways that you may be able to save some money. Obviously, each method may not work out for everyone, but consider some of the options.
- Paying cash up front can be a great way to save some money. Doctors want to make sure they get paid, and when they allow someone to finance the procedure, they are hoping they get the entire amount back (plus all of the finance charges). If you are able and willing to pay cash up front, you may be able to work out a discount because the doctor will at least know they are getting the full amount.
- You may also want to look into a plastic surgery school near you. Before some of the doctors get licensed to do plastic surgery, they need to learn and they also need to practice. Contact a school in your area and see what they charge to have procedures done. Yes, you will be a guinea pig which may not suit some people, but the surgeons-to-be are always supervised by a trained and licensed professional. You can get significant savings or possibly even a free procedure.
- Approach new doctors in the area. Often times a brand new doctor needs to start establishing a client base, and unless they get lists from a doctor who is about to retire, they are on their own. Getting initial clients, and being able to use them for promotional material as well as the referral factor, they may be willing to give you a discount on the plastic surgeries you are considering.
More Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Links
- Cheap Plastic Surgery
People want to be able to get plastic surgery for many different reasons. But, when they start looking around at plastic surgery prices, they may be turned off from some of the higher prices they see. ...
- Laser Clinic
Before talking about the various uses of lasers in clinical settings, it is paramount for individuals to briefly understand what a "LASER" is and how it works. LASERs stand for "light amplification stimulated...
- Laser Face Lift
Cosmetic surgery has definitely come a long way in the past couple of decades. There are many more procedures today as well as the procedures being a lot safer than they were even 5-8 years ago. One of...
- Male Cosmetic Surgery
In the modern times, men take care of their bodies almost as much as women do. A lot of socio-psychological factors have contributed in making men more conscious about their bodies, than ever before. Hence,...