I have (rough count) about 40 pairs of shoes, most of which are dress shoes for work.
* 3 main colors: black, white/light, brown
* 3 main types: dress, sandals, flats
* 7 main purposes: work (office professional), everyday, special occasion, yardwork/woodshop, exercise, slippers
* Rough wear: snow boots, dress boots, hiking boots, garden clogs
* Costumes: glass slippers, tap shoes, ballet shoes
On average, I probably wear 10-15 pairs of shoes a week because I wear slippers and exercise shoes everyday, on work days I alternate shoes so that I'm never wearing the same pair in a 3-day period to try to protect my feet from the ravages of fashion. I also make sure to never wear other shoes 2 days in a row because they need time to dry out so they don't get stinky and to let the leather breathe and readjust to your feet.
On average, I spend about $15 per pair of shoes; the most I've ever spent was $80.