jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart."

1. Hui (蕙) profile image55
    Hui (蕙)posted 3 years ago

This sentence implies a life attitude, a simple philosophy in daily life. However, as we often compare beauty to an art work, beauty is, in the first place, supposed to create aesthetic sense. Can we call a pile of garbage "natural beauty", even which contains much nutrients? So, in my opinion, beauty should be a good (if we cannot reach 'perfection') match of the elegance outside and the richness inside. Actually, this can be attributed to the question "how men appreciate women"! Someone argue that it is a lie when a man tells his lover "I do not care how pretty you are..." What do you think?
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8650522_f248.jpg

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Although the face is neat and nice to look at (so is the Mona Lisa) the light in the heart completely overrides it.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Said the man in the bar right before he added, "I'd do her."

Yes, of course.  That's how nature works, after all - nature and evolution.

1. profile image0

I wonder, from an evolutionary point of view, when men will complete their journey.

Never, I think.  While it is probably true that the weaker sex topped out millenia ago, men will climb to the stars in their greatness.

Looking, as always, for beauty wherever they go - leave a picture or two around, why don't you?

1. profile image0

I'll ask the op to do so. She looks like the whole package to me.

But very little face.  Just a big pink blouse - faces are better, particularly when beauty is involved.

1. profile image0

She's a beauty. We women can tell, even from far away. smile

working