jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is there an easy way to make Hair Conditioner at home?

1. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Is there an easy way to make Hair Conditioner at home?

2. profile image0
    stagnettoposted 8 years ago

A very good substitute for a hair conditioner is to first massage olive oil all over your hair, wrap it up into a turban with a warm towel that you have previously had soaking in a boiling pan of water.

Leave this on for at least half an hour then shampoo out and for the final rinse use some vinegar and lots of cold water.

You should end up with soft and shiny hair.

3. Choke Frantic profile image82
    Choke Franticposted 8 years ago

Treatments and conditioners that will nourish your hair need not come from an expensive bottle. Several-all natural ingredients have been proven time and time again to improve the strength and shine of even the most damaged hair. If you are pressed... read more

4. skye2day profile image76
    skye2dayposted 8 years ago

Wheres the Mayo?
    Works fantastic. Shine On. Use 1/4 cup mayonnaise and apply to wet,cleansed hair.Wrap hair in plastic cap, seal with a clip.hair   Leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.(never use Hot h2o makes for fly away hair) The last 5 seconds of rinsing use cool water it seals the hair shaft around the cuticle which makes the hair smooth and manageable. Use 1x weekly, not daily. Hugs
    I vote for No Bad Hair Days! lol, skye2day

5. ranjen0703 profile image74
    ranjen0703posted 8 years ago

please follow the link for a list of home-made conditioner/treatment: http://hubpages.com/hub/Home-Made-Inexp … m-The-Net. I hope this will be of help to you.

6. moiauge profile image60
    moiaugeposted 8 years ago

Sure is! Use 1/4 cup almond oil or olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1/4 cup fresh, mashed avocado.

7. IsadoraPandora profile image82
    IsadoraPandoraposted 7 years ago

There are several natural conditioners you can try.

Boiled nettles make an excellent strengthening rinse.

Catnip (my personal favorite) creates a beautiful shine while it conditions. Steep catnip leaves and blossoms in hot water. Keep container covered until you're ready to use it. The oils dissipate with the steam, so make sure the cup is covered with a nonporous lid.

Olive oil, grape seed oil even cooking lard works. The oils take a bit of work to get out though.

Here is an effective method for a banana hair mask. http://hubpages.com/hub/Natural-Banana- … ask-Recipe

The banana smells wonderful and makes your hair very soft. Mine wasn't "shiny" like store-bought garbage but, it felt and looked wonderful!

Hope you find a recipe that works well for you!

8. profile image53
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

I once experimented w/ mayo, but I like the conditioners better. I leave the making 2 the pros.

9. balthasarcontent profile image56
    balthasarcontentposted 7 years ago
  10. HACCP76 profile image57
    HACCP76posted 7 years ago

Oh yes, all very simple.  I am researching all about the homemade organic varieties for hair care at the moment which you may find interesting on my homemade hair conditioner hub which I have just published and I saw your question.