jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is it okay to use a commercial hair conditioner on a 3 year old toddler's hair ?

1. swapna123 profile image67
    swapna123posted 7 years ago

Is it okay to use a commercial hair conditioner on a 3 year old toddler's hair ?

2. profile image45
    vakkkasposted 7 years ago

ya may be it is use ful but not really sure about tht

3. profile image51
    jimcarrey765posted 7 years ago

ya may be it is use ful but not really sure

4. NikenDiana profile image54
    NikenDianaposted 7 years ago

i do the same with my daughter 4,5 years old..so far is fine...and her hair much more smooth...

5. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

There's probably always some potential for something to be discovered about why some product shouldn't be used; but, as far as most people seem to believe/know, one of the major problems using shampoos or conditioners for adults can be that they may sting a child's eyes.

There are commercial products especially designed for children.  Johnsons "No More Tangles" is one.  It is said to be a "no tears" formula and to have been allergy tested.

6. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

No, nor for yourself.  Look up the ingredients on the internet, and you will see that many are absorbed and toxic.

7. PaulaHenry1 profile image76
    PaulaHenry1posted 7 years ago

I always have and have not had any harsh side effects or reactions, just gorgeous hair that only a child can have. I think they target people to buy "baby shampoo and conditioner." It's for profit.Just like baby towels, washclothes, ect. What's wrong with regular ones?
    Just avoid getting the shampoo or conditioner in their eyes. But I have always used the "regular" stuff since day one.

8. Wilsonsorin2011 profile image56
    Wilsonsorin2011posted 6 years ago

There were always harsh side effects or reactions, the hair is just awesome that I can have only one child. I believe that the objectives of the people who buy baby shampoo and conditioner.  "It is a non profit-making."Well baby towel, washclothes, etc. What is bad practice?

http://www.amazinghair.co.uk/brands/Lanza.html

working