jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is it true that in some parts of Europe woman don't commonly shave under their a

1. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Is it true that in some parts of Europe woman don't commonly shave under their arms?

I met a young lady from Germany at the beach, who said neither she or her friends did, and that it was socially acceptable in their society. I was a little shocked because their underarm hairs were similar to the mens.

2. Arthur Windermere profile image82
    Arthur Windermereposted 8 years ago

Yes, that is true. However, the spread of American television and the internet is making this much more rare. You'll almost never find it in the big cities. The American ideal of beauty is becoming the world's standard, for better or worse.

3. Krisy Kay profile image59
    Krisy Kayposted 8 years ago

I've done some extensive traveling and it is quite rare to see European women with hairy armpits.  Maybe if you go to the rural areas, but Europe is all about setting trends.  I think having hairy armpits has gone out of fashion a long time ago.

4. LRobbins profile image57
    LRobbinsposted 8 years ago

It depends.  I have a German boyfriend and he says that while some women don't shave under their arms, most guys don't like it, so more and more women are now shaving under their arms as a result.

5. profile image43
    Devoxposted 8 years ago

Weird Germans :p here in Sweden all girls shave their armpits as far as I know

6. profile image0
    pauls_boatposted 8 years ago

i have traveled to many countrys of europe and the usa and there are as many females in the usa who do not shave under there arms as there are in europe in fact i belive in some parts of the usa there are more as several places in the usa live in the past as fashion goes.

i belive it should be a personal choice to shave or not to shave just as men have the choice to shave or not to shave.
    in hot places it is much better to shave then to leave them with hair as the hair traps the sweat and makes you smell more.

7. ktps profile image54
    ktpsposted 8 years ago

yes its very true i think everyone has there own way of living

8. amulets profile image53
    amuletsposted 8 years ago

I think it is a matter of preference. If one likes to look clean then she will shave it. If one doesn't bother then she will leave it and grows hair.

As for me, I prefer to shave it.

9. davidseeger profile image60
    davidseegerposted 7 years ago

When I was in Germany in 56-57, most Greman women didn't shave their legs. It was startling to see a woman wearing hose with the long hair curled between the leg and the hose. Not particularly sexy in my view.