jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you ever change or keep a hairstyle because your man asked you to?

1. Jennifer D. profile image76
    Jennifer D.posted 8 years ago

Would you ever change or keep a hairstyle because your man asked you to?

I've been in relationships in the past in which the man I was with wanted me to either grow my hair longer, or color my greying roots. I am wondering how many women do this? Is it to keep him happy?

2. Didistoyz profile image57
    Didistoyzposted 8 years ago

I did!  I had been dating my husband only 3 weeks when he called me one evening and asked me if I would grow my hair long.  My hair at that point was barely to my shoulder with a bob style.  My hair looked great with the bob style!  I was not offended one bit!  I think long hair is very femine and sexy, I just figured he found long hair very attractive also.  I've never been very good with my hair styling or even knowing what to do.  My friends on the otherhand when I told them what he asked me were totally offended and told me to tell him where to go!  I was shocked!  I am a very independent woman and would not have done it if I really didn't want to also and he knew this.  My hair now is far down my back and I totally love it!  I didn't grow my hair long to keep him happy...he would have married me anyways!

3. Princess Weddings profile image73
    Princess Weddingsposted 8 years ago

If your spouse had cancer, would you ask them to change their appearance? Probably Not, people take things and each other for granted, either you love your spouse just as they are, or maybe there is an underlying issue and something else is wrong in the relationship. Is there such a thing as unconditional love

4. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

I have long hair, and I wouldn't want to cut it short for a man, however I'm happy to style my hair differently for him. For example, one boyfriend liked me to wear pony-tails, he found it cute and so I was happy to oblige him!

5. Anamika S profile image60
    Anamika Sposted 8 years ago

No, I would keep or change a hairstyle because I want to. My man can give me suggestions but not insist that I do it. He need to accept me as I am.

Closed to reply

working