jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What was the craziest change in appearance you have ever made?

1. GDiBiase profile image74
    GDiBiaseposted 5 years ago

What was the craziest change in appearance you have ever made?

2. ackman1465 profile image59
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

In my 30s, I grew my hair out and got it "perm'ed" a few times.  I looked quite studly (as you might imagine), but it wasn't really me.... and I discontinued.

In my 50s I colored my hair.  I was getting my gray, around the edges, so colored it to my overall, younger, color.... and - again - looked awful (good!)... and did so for a couple of years......

These days, I'm just the natural handsome-rascal me.... and haven't gone off the deep end for quite some time (If you don't count the times that my grandniece has painted my toenails!!!!).....

P.S.  This Friday, I'm going to a "60s" party, and will be ressurrecting my "brown" hair look for the night!!!!!

1. ackman1465 profile image59
      ackman1465posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Friday, early afternoon, update:   I just finished with my hair (my sister helped).... and, I swear, if you saw me, you'd mistake me for a 30-something guy!!!!   Damn, I'm handsome!!!

3. Thrifty Lady profile image92
    Thrifty Ladyposted 5 years ago

I am a redhead and I died my hair dark brown at a salon once.  I've always thought I looked nothing like my shorter, brunette sister, but when the cosmetologist turned my chair around, I saw my sister staring back at me!

4. iefox5 profile image56
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

Hmmm, changed my hair color from black to yellow.

5. Dia Jacobs profile image68
    Dia Jacobsposted 5 years ago

That would be my hair. I used to have short hair since young. I started to keep my hair longer after the age of 15. Though at times I would still cut my hair short but I think I look more feminine with longer hair.I don't know why but I just think so. Furthermore my hair is wavy and a bit hard to manage when it's short! By the way, GDiBiase, your hair looks great!

1. GDiBiase profile image74
      GDiBiaseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dia, thanks so much for the compliment regarding my hair, you are sweet!

6. heavenbound5511 profile image80
    heavenbound5511posted 5 years ago

I was around 20yrs old and I had dyed my hair black and I didn't like it at all. So I couldn't get the dye to come out with re-dying it. I was so pissed that I started cutting my hair and accidently cut a big chunk out of the top of my hair-I went over board and shaved it all off. Never again!!!Later learned I could of stripped my hair than re do the color. I was treated so bad and just plain misunderstood just because of my hair and some people thought I was a boy,or skin head,dying from cancer, and etc.

That is the most stupid thing I ever did to myself! I didn't want to leave the house-but I had to because of work. Thank God I had a loss prevention job that I could wear a ball cap. They never even suspected I was trying to catch shop-lifters looking like this...Lol!

7. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i went from having hair down to my butt to having hair that is almost a military cut in one day. it blew people away.