jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I'm 17 and have no tattoos or pircings on my body, mom says I can get one now :)

1. profile image44
    annamarlene38posted 8 years ago

I'm 17 and have no tattoos or pircings on my body, mom says I can get one now smile

I want it to mean something, its going on my lower back and I want it to be a word or something small...kind of symmertrical. It's my first tattoo and I'm getting it so I have something that is there forever, I'm not getting it to say that I have a tattoo...can you help me?

2. swefelix profile image57
    swefelixposted 8 years ago

I have a female friend who got a tattoo of three hearts, linked like in a chain. The three hearts symbolized her, her sister, and her mother. She didn't have it on her lower back, but on her left arm below her palm. Get something similar, eternal.

3. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 8 years ago

You shouldn't bother. The fact is that you're at an age where you still want things ... yesterday smile I'd hold off from having that ink on your back. Wait a few years - then think on it again.

There's a whole host of other things far more importaant than a tattoo, like education, your personal development and your impending adulthood.

And you're also too young to be on HubPages - you need to be 18. 17 and old enough for a tattoo yet not old enough to be on this site. Wait a while wink

4. profile image0
    Jawa Lunkposted 8 years ago

Tattoos and piercings used to be a sign of uniqueness.  Something to show you were different from everyone else.

If you want to be different from everyone else now, don't get a tattoo or piercing.

40 years from now when everyone has deformed and desecrated thier bodies beyond recognition for attention, you'll be the one who is different from everyone else, for not doing anything but accepting yourself for who you are, not who can try to make yourself.

BTW - before I get hate mail...i have tattoos and pircings, so save it....

I wish I never got them too.

5. First Aid Doc profile image56
    First Aid Docposted 8 years ago

If I were you, i should wait a little. For what? For the moment you can go without mom's permission and for the moment you have what to say with your tatoo.

working