jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do when he gives you a ring you just don't like. Do you wear it anyw

1. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

What do you do when he gives you a ring you just don't like. Do you wear it anyway, or tell him?

When the ring is not to your taste. Should you keep your feelings to yourself out of respect for his gift, or try to explain that you don't like it?

2. carolina muscle profile image74
    carolina muscleposted 8 years ago

If you don't like it, I think you oughta tell him.
    He gave it to you to make you happy, and it's a waste of money if it doesn't.

3. fireball* profile image61
    fireball*posted 8 years ago

They said,honesty is always best.But,prior to this question.It is a gift for you,and to tell the person you just don't like it ....insulted is overrated,you will hurt the person more than anything else.Just think the effort of the person.Recieving a gift is not a choice wether you will like it or not.Considered the feelings and the effort.
    So,I think..you should keep your feelings to yourself out of respect for the person who gives the gift.

4. Christopher Floyd profile image59
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

For the love of all that is matrimonial say yes first!!!
    Then take him to dinner or a ball game or a duck blind or some other thing he enjoys and bring it up. If your first thought is; "OH MY STARS AND GARTERS, THIS RING IS HIDEOUS!!!" you may not have found the right guy. Or you could just lose it / swallow it / run over it with your car with the intent of getting all weepy and subtly angling for a new one. Admittedly, this is more than a little harsh. Have it appraised first. And don't get caught.
    I'm assuming (and that's a big assumption now-a-days) that the guy surprised you and all that classy stuff. If you knew when the ring was coming down to the millisecond things are a little different.
    Heh, looky there, my ex-wives taught me something after all.

working