jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why to wear a tattoo?

1. LOT2DO profile image37
    LOT2DOposted 8 years ago

Why to wear a tattoo?

2. IdeaMorphist profile image63
    IdeaMorphistposted 8 years ago

Personal expression, artistic beauty, faith, remembrance of a loved one or mentor, the list goes on and on. I am sure each tatooed person has a meaning behind each of their pieces of work.

3. lisaluv9784 profile image84
    lisaluv9784posted 8 years ago

I have one on my shoulder of my dog that I once owned.My ex took the dog when we split up,but it is the one tattoo I acually do not regret getting.It is a little piece of him that I carry along with me wherever I go.My other two were just spur of the moment decisions,and really have no meaning behind them at all,except to remember the days when I was young,and not very smart!

4. nancy_30 profile image70
    nancy_30posted 8 years ago

My tattoo is a cross with a heart in the middle with a rose climbing around it.  I got it as a symbol of faith, love and beauty.

5. taganisted profile image66
    taganistedposted 8 years ago

I have 'Lucky' on my wrist and my partner has it matching. It's a symbol of how we feel about our relationship, without the potential disaster of having an ex's name should anything go wrong in the future. I also have a pin-up on my back as a celebration of the female form. Tattoo's mean different things to different people, but they should always mean something.

6. anemilytoremember profile image56
    anemilytorememberposted 8 years ago

I have "aequitas" tattooed on my hip.  It means "equality" in Latin.  I got it because I highly believe that everybody should be treated equally no matter their race, gender, religion, beliefs or anything like that.