jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why not to wear a bra to bed?

1. LOT2DO profile image36
    LOT2DOposted 8 years ago

Why not to wear a bra to bed?

2. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 8 years ago

There is absolutely no reason why you can't wear a bra to bed.  Many big-breasted women do wear one at night for the support they receive while they are sleeping.

3. Eye rock 4ever profile image52
    Eye rock 4everposted 8 years ago

It is a myth that wearing a bra (during sleep or at any time) increases the risk of breast cancer. There are no data from scientifically sound studies that show any increase in the risk of developing breast cancer from wearing a bra.
    This myth may have started with a general observation that breast cancer is more common in Western, industrialized countries where wearing bras is more common than in the developing world. However, to then draw the conclusion that it is the bra-wearing that causes the breast cancer is completely erroneous. Women in developing countries have shorter life spans during which to develop breast cancer and do not undergo breast-cancer screening. It is probably for these reasons that their chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer are lower, not because they are less likely to wear bras.

Bottom line: If wearing a supportive bra to bed allows you to sleep more comfortably, you can do so without worrying about any health risks

4. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

I just would not find it comfortable to wear a bra to bed. A soft cotton singlet is fine, but I couldn't stand wearing a bra to bed. At the end of my working day I'm usually ready to take my bra off as soon as I get home, I think they're neccessary to wear at times, but not the most comfortable things to wear.

5. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

Why would anyone even consider wearing a bra to bed? Unless it's much more comfortable to wear a bra to bed, then go ahead. If I wear anything to bed, it's a loosefitting nightgown or nightshirt, but a bra???? I don't ever wear a bra when I'm home and rarely on the weekends unless I'm going to a public place where it's obvious I don't have a bra on. I hate even the most uncomfortable bra and will go without anytime possible, so I definitely wouldn't sleep in one!