jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

has anyone ever used shea butter? what are the benefits and how long does it tak

1. profile image50
    Latisha Josephposted 8 years ago

has anyone ever used shea butter? what are the benefits and how long does it take to work

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 8 years ago

It worked for me. It works pretty instantly, you can feel the difference right away. Sometimes if your skin is too damaged, it might take a day or two, but I've never seen it take longer than three days to improve anyone's skin. Unless they are allergic.

3. heymaya profile image56
    heymayaposted 8 years ago

Shea butter has worked wonders for my skin! I used it for the fading of a small scar I had on my leg and I saw great results. It takes a while to work with problems such as scaring, rashes, and eczema, but still does a great job. It also is just a great deep moisturizer. I recommend using it on dry spots weekly to keep your skin healthy.

4. Mira Penn profile image75
    Mira Pennposted 3 years ago

Shea butter is high in vitamin A and E which are both antioxidants. Shea butter also contains cinnamic acid which can act sort of like alpha hydroxy acid, a chemical exfoliant. Cinnamic acid is also said to provide some protection from sun exposure. How long it takes to works will probably depend on a lot of factors, including the quality of the shea butter. Most shea butter products sold in the US are not pure shea butter and do not contain optimal percentages of it's active constituents.