jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to touch-up grey hair by brown color without darkening the blond highlighte

1. profile image46
    koala28posted 7 years ago

How to touch-up  grey hair by brown color without darkening the blond highlighted hair?

Hello,
    My hair is 90% grey. I like to do blond highlight because is match on my skin tone a looks younger on me.

I use brown color to cover my grey hair.

My problem is when my grey hair grow and I need to touch-up my grey roots due to 90% grey hair.

when my hairdresser  touch-up my hair roots,the dark color effected on  highlights hair and almost 50% of my highlights become brown color.

Q: Is there a solution to apply (creme or something )on highlighted hair to prevent being colored by darker color?

Please advice.
    Thank you.

2. Mayaanjali profile image68
    Mayaanjaliposted 7 years ago

You need to change the order of the way you are /ur colorist is doing the coloring procedure-
    1. Do the roots of grey with the shade of brown
    2. using a hair weaving net highlight the blonde or bleach the brown and apply blonde

3. arlenegabrielson profile image60
    arlenegabrielsonposted 7 years ago

Hi!  GREAT question!  This is a problem for MANY of my clients.  I do teach people how to color their own hair at home but either in the salon or at home - the color to cover the grey roots should be applied ONLY to the outgrowth, carefully staying away from the mid shaft and ends.  This way - y ou can hold on to your highlights longer and save money.

4. scottmitchellfl profile image69
    scottmitchellflposted 7 years ago

You should really see a salon professional that is experienced with and carries Organic Color Systems so that you don't damage your hair with the ammonia or your health with the other dangerous chemicals.  I have a good hub with instructional videos on the Advanced Techniques video here http://hubpages.com/hub/Professional-Hair-Color

working