jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe that grey hair makes women and men look older and less attractive

1. soozeqsh profile image80
    soozeqshposted 7 years ago

Do you believe that grey hair makes women and men look older and less attractive?

The beauty industry and society would like to have us believe that grey hair is unattractive and that it makes us look older.  What do you think?  Is this true or have we been socialized to believe that this natural part of the aging process is unattractive?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4101422_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I think it makes a person look older, but it can be attractive.

3. ExpandYourMind profile image73
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

It depends on the wearer -- some people look great with gray hair and others wear it well. Sometimes it's better to stand out than blend in . . .

4. tysanders profile image61
    tysandersposted 7 years ago

This is not true. My bf is 36 and he dyes his gray strands but I encourage him not to. I think the salt/pepper look is very sexy on a man and quite sophisticated on women! There is nothing wrong with aging gracefully. :-)

5. Variety Writer profile image59
    Variety Writerposted 7 years ago

I think it makes women look older but men look more attractive.

6. JayDee Sterling profile image60
    JayDee Sterlingposted 7 years ago

Now you know not everyone ages well, either from genes or them just not taking care and or time with themselves.

Silvery hair doesn't look good on everyone, some people it makes them look tired and old, so they should stick with some color, maybe not their original, but at least something that can have high and low lights. The silvery hairs are a different texture as well, when hair starts to lose the original color, it can become coarse and brittle. It needs more attention than people probably give it.

7. mysisters profile image55
    mysistersposted 6 years ago

I think gray hair can make a person look older  but not necessarily less attractive. I have seen many men and women who have gorgeous gray or white hair and they look stunning. I guess it would have to also depend on the individual.

working