jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is it ok to wear a scarf during the summer?

1. BrainSpace profile image60
    BrainSpaceposted 7 years ago

Is it ok to wear a scarf during the summer?

2. frequentflyer profile image55
    frequentflyerposted 7 years ago

Well, yes there are no rules saying you can't.

3. profile image49
    WzForumposted 7 years ago

Yea why not if you really want to wear them during the summer tongue

4. profile image43
    Nibbles Mposted 7 years ago

Well I dont see why you cant?You can wear it for part of your outfit.

5. acossairt21 profile image58
    acossairt21posted 7 years ago

I wear a scarf all year round.  Lighter scarves for the summer and thicker for the cooler months.  It's nice to have them handy in case you need shelter from the sun, rain, snow.  They also make a nice shawl in the evening.

6. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

it's fine to wear a scarf whenever you want, what other people think makes no odds.

7. europewalker profile image74
    europewalkerposted 7 years ago

There are a lot of light weight scarves that can be worn in the summer to match your outfit.

8. profile image0
    woolman60posted 7 years ago

A light scarf in summer spring,  I think a scarf  is hot anytime, no pun intended.

9. GracefulBaby profile image55
    GracefulBabyposted 7 years ago

If you are living in a moderate temperature, it's fine. Like, say the summers don't get any hotter than 80 degrees at any given time. THEN, it's fine.
    If it gets "summer hot" and you are wearing a scarf....you look insane. Don't do it. You look like you're trying too hard to be "chic" and you'll come across as fashion illiterate.
    Even if it gets fairly cool where you are, it just looks unseasonable and silly, and people will be like "why is that girl wearing a scarf?" So I'd avoid it.
    BUT little summery scarves that tie around (gauze or cotton-SUPER lightweight kind) can be fun-with a tanktop. For a shawl in the eves like the girl below said.
    You just REALLy have to  pull it off correctly or you will end up looking silly and out of season.
    Good luck and happy fashion!

10. profile image58
    Raheposted 7 years ago

The thing with scarves is that they are versatile the only
    challenge is when and how to wear them. Ideally this is mainly dependent on the
    fabric but regardless of what season it is, knowing what scarf to add to your
    outfit goes a long way giving... read more

working