jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is it true that long hair make hair even lose more ?

1. evilia_lim profile image59
    evilia_limposted 7 years ago

Is it true that long hair make hair even lose more ?

2. urs_dipak profile image59
    urs_dipakposted 7 years ago

I feel yes, because it will become hard to maintain them.

3. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

I certainly hope not.

I have hair that stops just above my bum and has been getting longer for years--since I don't have it cut.

I don't believe that length has anything to do with hair loss as many people cannot grow their hair long anyway--regardless of whether they're male or female.

Factoring in the fact that many lose their hair regardless of length, I think it's a fallacy.

4. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

No, you won't lose any more individual hairs than if you had short hairs, everyone sheds to some degree. Where the difference comes in is that longer hairs are far more visible...when my son with inch-long hair sheds no one notices, but my hairs are four feet long so each one makes a pretty good hairball on its own! That said, if your hair is unhealthy, then you will experience a lot of breakage and other damage which will increase with the length. There are quite a few ways to start working on your hair's health:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Starting-on-the … althy-Hair

5. Cumbesef profile image59
    Cumbesefposted 7 years ago

I have long hair.  I have also had short hair.  I believe that it appears you are losing more hair when your hair is long because you are finding long hairs around - which tend to be more visible and more prominant.  Hairbrushes fill up faster; you will see hair on your bathroom floor, etc.

Whenever I am actually loosing more hair, it is usually a result of a vitamin deficiency - and easily remedied.

Happy reading!

6. profile image44
    sophia753posted 7 years ago

It seems yes When your hair longer ,it will become more fragile.but you can do sth to take care of it

7. Hello12374 profile image56
    Hello12374posted 7 years ago

no. it is a complete myth. Tale it from me im 10 and i still know because i have long brown hair.