jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hey Whitney, you seem to know alot about navel piercings. I just got mine about

1. profile image47
    cupcake10posted 7 years ago

Hey Whitney, you seem to know alot about navel piercings. I just got mine about 2 weeks ago and I'm

following all of the instructions that were given to me. I'm hoping you can answer my question. So the top of my piercing never stays? When I sleep it goes into the piercing hole? It basically looks like the hole is healing over the top of my piercing. I will push the bottom part up until the top pushes back through. Is that normal during this healing process? Thanks!

2. profile image0
    Alissa Margaretposted 7 years ago

Do you have the top ball of the navel ring attached? I'm not too sure how the top of the piercing doesn't stay if it is.

Some of my friends have had that happen to them, it's when your body is rejecting the piercing--kind of like how bodies can reject new organs. It's kind of trying to "spit" it out since technically the piercing is a foreign object.

3. profile image47
    cupcake10posted 7 years ago

yah its attatched. right? it seems if I move around alot the top part "goes in" to the hole! I wish I could explain it better. When I wake up in the am its crusted over and you can't see the top part of the piercing anymore. So I wash my hands with the soap that was recommended and then I push the bottom part of the ring and then the top part pops out. yikes I clean all the junk off of it and then just try not to move till the "hole" dries. that way the top of the ring doesn't go back down. It's almost like the hole on the top part has stretched out too much?? Thank you for answering my question. I will keep cleaning it twice a day and hope for the best!

4. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Is there not a ball? if there is, you may need to get a larger ball. This isn't normal, but if the piercing was pierced wrong, or your body isn't taking to the new peircing, you may experience this worsening.

working