jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best way to mend a hole in a pair of jeans?

1. Chupp22 profile image79
    Chupp22posted 7 years ago

What is the best way to mend a hole in a pair of jeans?

2. HannahRiley profile image58
    HannahRileyposted 7 years ago

Depending on how big the hole is, you can either stitch the hole just from one side of the hole to the other...or...

If it is a larger hole & you can't part with the jeans...like me...then get some cotton fabric from a craft store, or even a scrap of a dark blue t-shirt and glue the patch from the inside using a glue that will withstand the wear and wash. That, however, is the easy fix. You could also sew the patch from the inside using thread that matches the jeans & that way you won't have to worry about how neat your stitches are because they will disappear in the fabric.

3. Rabia Sajjad profile image56
    Rabia Sajjadposted 7 years ago

The best way to mend is to stitch a rough same color fabric or a piece from your disposed of jeans from inside. Then give zigzag or some other patterned stitch on upper side because patching and stitches don't look bad on jeans. It's a part of fashion to have rough stitches on jeans.(thread must be of same color or of darker color if you want to make patching prominent.)You can also give the same pattern on the other side of pants if it looks clumsy on one side.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I've always found that the easiest way is to make sure my wife sees it.

working