jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I am active at the gym and sweat a lot,what style can I transition with that is

1. profile image47
    colaloveposted 7 years ago

I am active at the gym and sweat a lot,what style can I transition with that is easy but cute?

3 months since my last relaxer and I do not like braid outs and I cannot cut all my hair off. Im scared but really want to go natural, I can't wear my hair out while I transition?

2. Research Analyst profile image84
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

The great thing about being natural is that you do not have to worry if you sweat it out. Some cute hairdos that work well while transitioning is to do twist outs or pin curls at night so that you can create a variety of hair patterns and textures.

Going to the gym allows for an opportunity to wear the hair in a french roll or to twist the hair into four separate platts with bobbie pins, then once you finsh working out you can jump into the shower and your hair will not mess up.

3. dignifiedlove profile image88
    dignifiedloveposted 5 years ago

When I first went natural, I was scared too, and did not know what to do or how to transition.  However, one hairstyle I used to transition was a roller set. 

Researh Analyst mentioned pinning up your hair.  With the roller set hairstyle you can pin it up and out of your way. I used to pin my hair up in the back with this style.

There are many things you can do with this hairstyle, and as your hair grows out, you will find that the style will evolve with your hair.  If you like I can write a hub about the roller set, how to do it, and some tricks that I used to create the hairstyle since hubpages will not let me do it here.

My hair grew a lot with this hairstyle.

4. DanielleCherise profile image88
    DanielleCheriseposted 4 years ago

I love two strand twists! plus if you keep them in a bit, when you take them out you can do a twist out. The longer you keep your hair in twists, the better the twist out looks.