Same hairstyle since high school! Help!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)
  1. StormyMomma profile image61
    StormyMommaposted 14 years ago

Okay, I've realized that I've had the same look since high school. I have very long thick, natural curly (I call it my nappy mane) hair and I want a new hairstyle but don't know what to do. I've thought of getting individual braids everywhere because it's fast and easy.  I have a 3yr old and 1 yr old so I don't have alot of time to spend on my hair. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My hair only works one way. I change it up a little, some layers, shorter, longer, but basically, it only works in a side part. In HS I had it parted in the middle, but looking back, it looked really bad.

My friend has hair like yours, and always wore it long. She cut it super short, pixie like, and just let it curl, and it looks adorable! No muss, no fuss.

2. wrenfrost56 profile image55
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

If Helen Carter was here she would have some good ideas smile I have long thick hair too and I never know what to do with it. I've had 'the rachel' cut like forever and just straigten it. There are some good hairstyle hubs, maybe you could take a look at them for some inspiration. smile

3. gigietc profile image60
    gigietcposted 14 years ago

Good luck
    Pick an easy style, stick to it, Know you will never get it to look like it did when you walk out of the Salon.  Keep a close eye on the products at hand and how they are used. BE CONFIDANT OF YOUR NEW STYLE..  God Bless
    gigi

4. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

cut with layers to make it less heavy, but long enough to put in a pony tail, cuz with little kids your not going to be able to do your hair every day. plus,. if your kids are anything like mine were, they want to pull it!! this is a good site!! lots of helpful info.
    http://www.thehairstyler.com/virtual-hairstyler

5. TINA V profile image69
    TINA Vposted 14 years ago

A shoulder length cut or a much shorter hair fits better as you grow older.  It is much easier to manage especially if you have kids.  But your hairstyle will depend on the shape of your face.  You can check out some magazines to find similar style.

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I've always been partial to mohawks.

7. profile image56
    Rosa Bergerposted 14 years ago

I would go to a high-end hairdresser and ask for a consultation. Some even have computers where they upload a picture of your face and then fit it with different hairstyles.

If you want to go with something radically different than what you hav had in the past, such a consultation might be worthwile.

8. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

My grandma has had the same hair style since she was 15, she is in her 80s now and would not change for anything!

Answering your question... I have similar hair to you and the hairdressers just love it, they can do whatever they fancy with it.  I would not cut it short or change my natural colour but apart from that they are allowed to do whatever they want with my hair from making it straight for a couple of days to doing some complicate chignons. 

The good thing about our type of hair is that anything goes!
    Just experiment without doing any drastic changes until you find a style that suits you, or even better leave it like that and change styles everytime you go out.  See below about changing styles for every occasion.

http://i35.tinypic.com/t9ijqd.jpg

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah, Princessa! Loving every bit of it! wink

2. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no offense to the usefulness of your post, but that face would look good with ANY hair style

9. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Highlights can add a new look to any cut. smile

Teri

10. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Bald is beautiful, baby!

http://hair.lovetoknow.com/images/Hair/7/70/Baldfemale3.jpg

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bald is questionable, and beautiful is just not anywhere close tongue

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

come on.. you don't think she is hot?

How about her...

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/nm_portman_ssv_.jpg

or her...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ofqerl0I5uiFtM:http://regrow-hair.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/amber_rose.jpg&t=1

11. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Those are better, on both accounts smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)