jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think there are certain foods that make you break out in pimples, or is t

1. ladyjane1 profile image79
    ladyjane1posted 7 years ago

Do you think there are certain foods that make you break out in pimples, or is that a myth?

2. L a d y f a c e profile image76
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

I can't say for certain, but my entire life growing up my mother had extreme acne. She tried many medications from her doctor, but could never get it to go away. She also drank 2L or more of Coca Cola every day.

Years later she decided to stop drinking pop to see if she would lose some weight, and not only did she drop a few pounds, her acne cleared up. It was insane. It was believed that she had incurable cystic acne, and now her face is 95% clear.

3. Dviews profile image60
    Dviewsposted 7 years ago

Yes, I definitely think there are certain foods that will make you break out in pimples, however there are certain criteria that factors in before that does happen.
    1. Your skin type - normal or oily.
    2. Hormone levels in the body -  as our body acts the same way chemicals do in a acidic or alkaline environment.
    3. How much of a certain food you eat.
    4.  For females a double factor may come into play when it is that time of month and eating certain foods.

Having an allergy test done can also confirm which foods may cause possible break outs.

4. FerroDias profile image55
    FerroDiasposted 7 years ago

Hello, thanks for the question. Have you ever heard the expression, " You are what you eat"? This is defintely true. Foods that are high in fat and oils, are more likely to cause acne. On the other hand, you must keep in mind that everyones body is different, some are more prone to acne because of genetics and might have a healthy diet and breakout anyway. I suggest you should try and see what foods you might think are making you break out personally and cut back. There are long lists of foods that are known to cause acne, but I believe that as long as you are not eating these foods excessively you should not have a severe break out when eating them. So remember, try to see how different foods you eat affect your acne, and if you do eat healthy, you will look healthier, becuase "We are what we eat" .

5. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

It's a myth.  Breaking out in pimples is more to do with hormones and hireditary (your skin type).  Even if you had an allergy to some certain foods, it would show up as a rash rather than as pimples.

6. Inspired to write profile image78
    Inspired to writeposted 7 years ago

Yes. White sugar for starters, there are many more too, like the wrong kinds of cooking oils.
    Regards Dale