jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it normal for a navel piercing to bleed aftrer a month of being pierced?

1. profile image48
    stephnkrista420posted 7 years ago

Is it normal for a navel piercing to bleed aftrer a month of being pierced?

my friend got her belly button pierced about a month ago and it looks infected. It started bleeding the other night. Shes been using Triple Antibiotic stuff. The saline solution bull crap didnt work. What should we do?

2. brentwilliams2 profile image71
    brentwilliams2posted 7 years ago

Go to a doctor.  It shouldn't be "upset" for that long...  (or take out the piercing, which will possibly let it heal if she doesn't have money for a doctor's visit)

3. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

It all depends on how the piercing was pierced and how your body heals. Saline is the most ideal cleaning solution for any and all piercings. It takes at minimum 6 months to heal a navel piercing. Keep cleaning at least twice a day with saline. Do not use any ointments as it can clog the piercing, which won't allow it to breath and get proper oxygen that it needs to heal. Peroxide and more astringents will overly dry out the piercing, causing irritation

4. profile image48
    stephnkrista420posted 7 years ago

Well she had to change it the other night because the original curved barbell was bothering her. Right now its red in between the two holes of the piercing. its red around the holes too. Its been bothering her. We read on the web that if you take it out it can cause an abcess from the puss not being able to drain out. If she were to take it out what would she need to clean it with? (rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, saline soultion,  anti-bacterial soap, ect?)

5. Fruitloop2011 profile image58
    Fruitloop2011posted 6 years ago

I have no real knowledge on this, however i wouldn't think they should bleed that long, sounds like they could be infected, it might be a good idea for the person to go see a doctor.

working