jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hello, I got my bellybutton pierced this recent saturday and I can feel the bar

1. profile image46
    nicole2131posted 7 years ago

Hello,
    I got my bellybutton pierced this recent saturday
    and I can feel the bar but I can't see...

it
    some of my friends who have had it done for years say they can feel it and its normal, where others say its not
    is it normal?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If you think you are having a problem, you should go back to your piercer and have them take a look at it.

3. Ellen_C profile image76
    Ellen_Cposted 7 years ago

It is normal. Depending on the length of the bar, the amount of skin and any swelling the bar may not extend further than the length of the pierced hole. Depending on how thick your skin is and such will probably depend on if you can feel the bar through your skin. Yes, go consult the studio you had it done at if anything looks odd or gets infected.

4. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

In a way, it really depends on how easily it is to feel the bar. If the piercing was pierced shallow, you will be able to feel it with just gently rubbing your fingers across the skin.  After just a few days of having the piercing, I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if you are concerned, definitely have a body piercer look at it and evaluate it. He/she may feel it was pierced shallow, and may opt to re-pierce.

working