jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you think about the ring finger accent nail polish trend? Have you tried

1. Smart is Good profile image61
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

What do you think about the ring finger accent nail polish trend? Have you tried it?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5226302_f260.jpg

2. danfresnourban profile image65
    danfresnourbanposted 6 years ago

This is from a guys point of view, but to me it seems to be trying to call a lot of attention to whether someone is married or not. It has been my experience that women notice wedding rings much more than men do.

I am gay, I don't know if that has something to do with it, but I am oblivious to rings. With the exception of the teller at my small bank. She has a massive rock on her hand, other than that, I couldn't tell you who has a ring and who doesn't. I just don't pay attention to those things.

I can tell say that I have had a number of women at work, or around the court house comment on the ring I wear. It is a wedding band that my partner and I picked out. Occasionally, someone will ask, "Dan, are you married?" To which I reply, no. Then they say, why do you wear that ring? Then I say, oh my partner and I picked these out.

I don't think the finger nail polish on the ring finger is a bad thing, in fact I think it is probably a good idea because many guys are oblivious. lol

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i've never noticed this trend. i'm guessing it's popular with young girls, not adults. it's just another way to attract attention and show that your different at the same time. ugly nail polish btw.

4. Smart is Good profile image61
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

Personally I don't really like this trend. I've seen it on a lot of celebrities and beauty gurus on social networks. That is not my hand in the picture it's just to show you how it look like. And I do think it's odd to have chosen the ring finger for the "accent".

5. Kate Spenser profile image84
    Kate Spenserposted 6 years ago

I definitely hadn't seen this trend before, though now that you've called my attention to it, I bet I'll see it several times in the next week - that's usually how it works, isn't it? smile  Is it always the ring finger that's accented? Either way, I think it could be kind of cute, depending on what colors you use.

6. WittyWeddings profile image66
    WittyWeddingsposted 6 years ago

I think the ring itself will probably call enough attention. The color accent just looks sort of random. I prefer alternating nail colors over one a different color.

7. Mansi2512 profile image66
    Mansi2512posted 6 years ago

Hmm..this is something  I havent really noticed yet tongue Sounds totally new! Haha.

8. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

Haven't seen it, and I don't think men would really understand what it's all about.  I think it looks strange.

working