jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it true that high blood sugar levels can cause the skin to wrinkle and age fa

1. DonnaCosmato profile image96
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

Is it true that high blood sugar levels can cause the skin to wrinkle and age faster?

Is there any valid research to document this or is it just another theory that is floating around the Internet?

2. Cyndi10 profile image87
    Cyndi10posted 6 years ago

In the research that I did for my articles regarding skin care and food, time and again I found references urging you to limit the daily intake of  sugar because it breaks down the collagen in the skin. Collagen is responsible for the elasticity of your skin. If that starts to lose connectivity then wrinkles will increase and deepen.

3. Luti Febrian W profile image39
    Luti Febrian Wposted 6 years ago

there's a research from Leslie Baumann, Miami University state that sugar could make wrinkle at your face come earlier. especially for diabetic person.
    This wrinkle came earlier than people that not have diabetic. The rest of the fructose will converge for a long time and adhesive to skin protein and change the structure.
    This condition causes by Advanced Glycation End or AGE that trigger a premature aging dan rising the wrinkle before it's time.
    Sugar also could harm enzyme activity that help the antioxidant in skin and the skin get weak and fragile to sun ray.
    so reduce your sugar and artificial sugar for daily using. use it wisely

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Growing old and wrinkly is part of life and death, don't worry about it, grow old gracefully and don't feed the cosmetics manufacturers.

working