jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are some of the worst hair trends of all time?

1. alissaroberts profile image88
    alissarobertsposted 5 years ago

What are some of the worst hair trends of all time?

Looking back over the years, what are some hair trends that you never want to see make a comeback? Did you ever sport that particular hair trend at the time of its popularity?

2. MelissaMelvin profile image72
    MelissaMelvinposted 5 years ago

Mullet is by far the worse or jerry curls. Never had either...thank goodness.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

growing up in the 80's as I did I have to say the big poofy mall hair thing we did with the bangs that stood straight up and were just curled under a touch on the ends - It closely resembled cauliflower lol. 

Mullets too - those are bad.  Unfortunately a lot of people still sport those.. sigh.

4. cheatlierepeat profile image84
    cheatlierepeatposted 5 years ago

OMG Yes! Grade 5 ish, it was similar to a mullet I suppose but the bangs were feathered back and  flattened to the sides of my head with hairspray. Also, big hair...like teased big hair....ugh, it makes me shudder lol.

5. annart profile image86
    annartposted 5 years ago

For me, the perm.  So many disasters for so many people!  I tried it (for some crazy reason more than once) and it made me look ridiculous.  Bit like that advert (in Britain) for the bingo where they've all got bright coloured frizzes on their heads.  I suppose it's all down to women not being content with having straight or curly hair - we always want the opposite.  I had lovely long auburn brown hair, straight but a little wavy at the ends; should have stuck to that all the time!  Good question.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Oh so many come to mind.  The Mullet.  And I am not crazy about the short in back, long in front thing - a stack?

Also it seems everyone dyes their hair anymore but doesn't maintain it - even celebrities who can afford to.  It is almost a style in itself to be blond with a black part.

7. KimberlyLake profile image83
    KimberlyLakeposted 5 years ago

Legwarmers, polka dots, wide belts, dyed blonde and ratted hair with the dark roots!

8. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I still do not like the mohawk look.  It just is too much of a statement and it blocks your view at the movie theater!  However, it's a trend and most likely will pass on like go-go boots and big hair.

9. denkmuskel profile image75
    denkmuskelposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6232029_f260.jpg

I am talking about that thing under the nose wink

working