jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can you get tattoos while pregnant?

1. Myn Is Me profile image72
    Myn Is Meposted 5 years ago

Can you get tattoos while pregnant?

Is it safe to get a tattoo when pregnant?

2. Emma Harvey profile image91
    Emma Harveyposted 5 years ago

I actually got my tattoo when I was pregnant - but I didn't know I was. I was three months gone and my child was born okay. Generally they will not tattoo pregnant women - maybe there's a risk of septicemia, who knows.

3. DanaTeresa profile image83
    DanaTeresaposted 5 years ago

There are many things to consider when deciding if you should get a tattoo: cost, design, location, artist, permanence. There are several times when the answer should always be NO. Do not get tattooed when you are sick or drunk. I certainly would never get a tattoo while pregnant. Why? The health risks. These should be considered as part of the decision as much as any other factor. read more

4. loveyourpath profile image61
    loveyourpathposted 5 years ago

The problem is that while you are pregnant, the skin might react differently, you could get  itchy, and tattoos are itchy already when they are healing.

As for health concerns (transmitted infections, bacteria, etc.), those are things you should ALWAYS consider when getting a tattoo. Is the equipment correctly sterilized?

Technically, you can get a tattoo while pregnant, but most artists will refuse and you have to take into consideration hormonal changes that might make healing uncomfortable, and pregnancy is uncomfortable already without a new tattoo.

5. jsngoodrow profile image86
    jsngoodrowposted 5 years ago

A lot of people have an adrenaline dump during the very beggining of the process and at times (rarely) pass out, for a pregnant woman falling out of a chair is not ideal, it also critical to take into account the parlors strerilization process... bacteria, hep, a slough of microrganisms that can harm the fetus if that process is not done to state/city health standards.