jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What kind of toothpaste do you use and why?

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

What kind of toothpaste do you use and why?

There are many brands selling toothpastes, and many varieties by those brands.  Whitening, tartar control, long lasting breath freshener, etc.  There is also a price variance.  A one ounce tube of toothpaste can sell for under $1 to over $3.  What kind of toothpaste do you use, and why?

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We usually use Crest Sensitive because we both have a lot of tooth sensitivity.  But I accidently bought Colgate Sensitive and it is not as good.

3. cathylynn99 profile image74
    cathylynn99posted 5 years ago

i use colgate total because the triclosan in it clears up my gingivitis. that's one less risk factor for heart attacks.

besides, the taste of crest makes me want to barf.

4. dipsmi profile image74
    dipsmiposted 5 years ago

Crest. ever since I started using it, my sensitive gums are no longer sensitive!

5. dezalyx profile image94
    dezalyxposted 5 years ago

In our house, those with sensitive teeth use Sensodyne (there were no other brands before for sensitive teeth). But for those who have no sensitive teeth, we buy Colgate. Because, when my brother went to the dermatologist, she said when you choose your toothpaste, go for the plain white ones instead of those with stripes or gel based. Something about allergies, I believe. And Colgate has more fluoride compared to the local brands we have in the Philippines, so Colgate classic it is.