jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you prefer to buy/wear new hats, or do you wear the 4 year old, dirty looking

1. imonly1american profile image55
    imonly1americanposted 6 years ago

Do you prefer to buy/wear new hats, or do you wear the 4 year old, dirty looking favorite?

I honestly can't remember the last time I was looking at hats and actually bought one.  As of late, it seems as though the new trend is to wear a hat that is as-new-as-possible, with some kids even leaving the stickers on them, and the brim as straight as can be.  Me? I prefer my old hat, the one with sweat stains, a frayed bill, and the perfect fit for my head.  What is your preference?

2. nickupton profile image68
    nickuptonposted 6 years ago

I seem to end up with a new hat every few months as the old ones fall apart in the wash.

This question reminded me of a funny kids book called old hat new hat in which a bear goes into a hat shop, is shown lots of crazy hats but then goes out with his old one.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

The dirty looking favorite. If I like it, that's all that matters. My boyfriend has to get rid of my old hats for me to get new ones...

4. cmlindblom profile image74
    cmlindblomposted 6 years ago

I keep hats for a long time. The hat i wear now has been all over the world with me... How am I supposed to replace a bond like that?

working