jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Would you agree that Tattoos are a reflection of a society in moral decline?

1. Neil Horton profile image59
    Neil Hortonposted 5 years ago

Would you agree that Tattoos are a reflection of a society in moral decline?

2. MrsLWarner profile image68
    MrsLWarnerposted 5 years ago

I think so. If you can't respect your own body then your not going to respect the world. I think our society is in a moral decline, but there's a lot of influences from other places besides just having tattoo's.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I personally am anti-tattoo.  When I was a girl tattoos were sort of the art form of the lower class.  I know that has changed - it seems everyone is getting tattooed  - but it is hard to change that attitude.  I don't think it indicates moral decline but rather changing times and I'm not crazy about the changes.

1. Amber Morris profile image60
      Amber Morrisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Tattooing, that isn't tribal, has evolved into so many styles over the last 50+ years. Quality tattooing adds up to be a very expensive form of artistic expression, so I highly doubt the "lower class" can even afford a professional tattoo.

4. Clayton Fernandes profile image79
    Clayton Fernandesposted 5 years ago

i guess there are some that overdo it, and there are some that get tattoos only to further express themselves. Many ancient cultures would tattoo themselves and others signifying the tribes or heritage they belonged to. Many Families today including Baron(esses), Count(esses) and rich folk alike with solid family ties and stature have 'Family crests / emblems' tattooed upon them. Tattoos are the least of our problems in today's society moral decline. Lets talk about education and school shootings. After all, does not our future as a society depend on the ones that come after us, the little ones we bring into the world. i guess nowadays its easier to pull a trigger, than read a book.

5. Naturally Luxe profile image60
    Naturally Luxeposted 5 years ago

I think our society is in a moral decline, but I don't think tattoos are necessarily a reflection of that. I, personally, do not view tattoos as something "wrong," but I do think that a lot of people who happen to lack morals also happen to have tattoos. For the record, I think there are plenty of good, wonderful people who have tattoos as well.

6. Amber Morris profile image60
    Amber Morrisposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. To think of art of any kind as a "moral decline" is pure ignorance of the members of society who do nothing to educate themselves about the art and it's history then openly criticize it, along with close minded people judging a person based purely on what they look like and not their character. Art itself is self expression, and tattooing is a form of it.

7. profile image52
    nothingbutsodaposted 3 years ago

I don't think that a person should ever be judged by what is on his or her skin. In the first place, if I have tattoos, those won't hurt other people.

-http://disappearinginknyc.com/

working