jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why are people keen on piercing their skins and bodies to wear ornaments in awkw

1. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Why are people keen on piercing their skins and bodies to wear ornaments in awkward spots?

2. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

What I wouldn't give to understand people who do things like implant fake horns into their foreheads. Just...what? I guess its some form of self-expression, which is totally fine. I'd never do it in a million years, nor do I find it attractive at all, but whatever floats their boats...

1. teaches12345 profile image96
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agree, agree, agree.  It's not what I would do or suggest to do, but what can you say to them?  Not much.

3. profile image0
    johnnymnemonicposted 5 years ago

Because they don't think it looks as awkward as others do.

4. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I don't know since I don't have any piercing except for my ears. However, I would imagine it is the trend or peer pressure that affects the younger generation.  Also, some people just like to "decorate" their body.

5. teamrn profile image69
    teamrnposted 5 years ago

I think people feel that body piercings are some kind of way to exert their self-expression, their personality. I find it sort of weird and I find it an odd way of 'getting attention' myself, but to each own. It would be nice to hear from more people who have body piercings, as to WHY-other than pierced ears which so many people have, including myself.

working