jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you worry about the chemicals in spray tans?

1. sholland10 profile image93
    sholland10posted 5 years ago

Do you worry about the chemicals in spray tans?

2. profile image0
    Marntzuposted 5 years ago

no, because I do not use them ;-) Generally being in Arizona it's a lot easier to do the natural thing just in the course of outdoor activity (lots of pool parties around here)

3. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I do not use them but I am concerned for those who do.  Studies show that they are harmful to the skin and may cause some forms of cancer.

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Susan...Good question.  I have concerns for all products with (unsafe) chemicals...whether we put them on or in our bodies, use them in our homes & other environments or are exposed in any other ways. BUT, we all use them.
    I'm afraid I don't know much about "spray tans" nor the tanning beds/booths that millions of people use.  Other than the "warnings" I have read, that should be enough for anyone with half a brain, but we humans don't work that way, do we?
    Funny thing, all these years, I thought the sun was good for tanning (in moderation)   I must have missed the memo?
    I often wonder if the same individuals who like to change the color of their hair, skin, eyes &  various other parts...would take a pallet of paints out to the woods & forests during the breathtaking beauty of Autumn, to "improve" what nature produced?
    I keep looking at your question.....it seems you are asking......"Do you WORRY"...but do it anyway?  LOL.....We humans are very strange animals, are we not?     You are gorgeous, the color that you are!!

1. sholland10 profile image93
      sholland10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Paula! Nope, I have never tried it.  I am just curious about the chemicals used.  Seems we are in chemical overload. :-)

5. Naturally Luxe profile image59
    Naturally Luxeposted 5 years ago

I do. I use it on rare occasions (when I am in wedding, etc) and when I do I do it at home with a more natural brand. The EWG's Skin Deep database can give you an idea of how harmful the ingredients are if you type in the brand you use. Here's a link to the database: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/