jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are a greater majority of people still reluctant to embrace hats?

1. Anjili profile image81
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

Why are a greater majority of people still reluctant to embrace hats?

2. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 5 years ago

I don't know. I love looking at photographs when my grandfather used to wear a hat. Now it seems like it is always baseball caps. Here in Brazil, we still wear hats but that is more for sun protection than fashion.
    Millinery is a skill that still exists and hopefully will be revived soon.

3. royalblkrose profile image60
    royalblkroseposted 5 years ago

It is not a reluctance, more of a style challenge. Most modern clothing styles don't include hats.  Furthermore,, . for some wearing hats is a challenge- size and shape of face... all are factors when wearing hats.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I don't think everyone looks good in hats.  For me, no matter the style, I look like a bag lady.

What I hate to see is a celebrity make a style popular --say Jason Marz with his pork pie hat - then suddenly every guy on the planet has to wear one.  I really hate to see people emulate celebrities.  I like people to develop their own unique style.

5. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I think for many people - especially us women - a hat can either add a lot to your look and outfit or it can make it a disaster. Most of the women I know are not confident about wearing hats and can't afford to go to the proper places for assistance on what type of hat suits them and their outfit. I've seem super outfits - and not just for weddings - with beautiful hats that really enhance the whole look. Then you get the absolute horrors - such as Fergies two daughters at Prince William and Kate's wedding! So I guess overall its probably lack of confidence, lack of knowledge and lack of money.