jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Is it just me, or are the majority of people really sick?

1. Relationshipc profile image88
    Relationshipcposted 4 years ago

Is it just me, or are the majority of people really sick?

Everywhere I go there are people hacking, sneezing, and looking unwell. It doesn't matter what time of year it is - I have never gone somewhere without the majority of people being sick. What is worse, is that they never cover their face.

My husband and I seem to be the exception in this world!

Is it just in my part of the world, or do you notice this too?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8291964_f260.jpg

2. johnsonrallen profile image91
    johnsonrallenposted 4 years ago

I've noticed this with children for sure. It's easy to notice because my two kids, aged 3 and 4, rarely even have a runny nose. I honestly believe it comes down to diet. My kids tend to eat a lot of vegetables and fruit, not much candy and not much junk food. I imagine the same applies for adults

Relationshipcposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That is what my husband and I think too. Diet and lifestyle...exercise and avoiding bad habits.

3. jjackson786 profile image93
    jjackson786posted 4 years ago

I am constantly surrounded by kids who, as we all know, are more ripe for illness than a virus-growing petri dish. But despite this, I only know a few people who are constantly ill. I think it involves how people care for themselves and whether or not their immune systems are functioning up to par. I certainly feel sorry for those people; I only get seriously ill about once per year, and it's the worst thing ever. Some people are just more susceptible to illness than others!

I hear you. I couldn't imagine hacking all day long and feeling under the weather.

4. gpishev profile image60
    gpishevposted 4 years ago

You are right, I notice this too. I think people care less for their health and that's why it happens. With all that fast food industry and low nutrient and vitamins food, sooner or later it pays off.

Right. Low nutrient foods that don't support good immune function etc.

5. innerspin profile image93
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

No, I'm not aware of this problem. It does happen in patches but not right now. I think you can focus too much on negatives. Life is for living. Germs are all around us. Go forth and prosper!

So you only see it in patches around you? That's crazy! Me personally - I focus on the positive and am grateful that I am not unhealthy like that. And yes, germs are everywhere, doesn't mean I'm going to dive into them! Just not smart...

6. Insane Mundane profile image60
    Insane Mundaneposted 4 years ago

The majority also consumes the poisons they keep pumping into their food & water supply, as well.  If you refuse to grow your own food or eat organic stuff, going with content labels that have ingredients you can fluently pronounce, goes a long way...

I agree. I think that as a whole, people are starting to see this truth. Whether they are doing something about it is another story.

7. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Lack of breastfeeding, lack of exercise, more fast food, more pharmaceuticals, all contribute. We start children off for the last 40 or 50 years by giving them powder (made by a corporation) and water, then start feeding them unnatural fast foods, we are too scared to let them play outside for any amount of time for fear they'll be kidnapped or get too dirty, then we look for anything wrong so we can pump them full of pills (every pill has a possibility for death), then we end up with lazy grown ups who are use to sitting on their butts eating fast food. It's a vicious cycle that just keeps going.

1. johnsonrallen profile image91
      johnsonrallenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh I love this honest answer. Truth!

2. Relationshipc profile image88

I agree with John.

8. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 4 years ago

Perhaps it's allergies, there are so many triggers with the numbers seemingly on the increase. But it could be issues such as colds and so forth. I also notice a fair number of people hacking or sneezing. Either way, I don't notice a majority of people being sick, but it does seem like a large number. Many people simply don't take care of themselves or their kids and hold the full belief that if they can buy something in a store it must be safe. Gpishev, Peeples, and Insane Mundane are right and that photo of the officer is just sooooooo wrong smile

working