jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (20 posts)

Is it my imagination or do some of the largest people wear the smallest bathing

1. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Is it my imagination or do some of the largest people wear the smallest bathing suits?

Just went to the water slides.....oh the sights we saw!

2. profile image0
    jlcustompcposted 5 years ago

You are correct and it is gross period. You know when you are to big to wear a small bathing suit.

3. Michele Travis profile image70
    Michele Travisposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6806889_f260.jpg

Some win money  for contests.  They allow their pics to be taken and then get put in calendars.  They get a certain amount of money each time the calendar is purchased.  They like that. They are not healthy, but they do get money.

1. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Certainly no one could afford to pay them per pound!!  This defies understanding, don't you think?  How on earth does this actually happen??  Obviously, they are transported in the back of the truck they are leaning on?

2. Michele Travis profile image70
      Michele Travisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are right about that.  The truck they are leaning on could not transport them.  I don't why this happens. It makes me more sad then sick.  I mean, they look like they will die.  It is not funny.

3. fpherj48 profile image77

Oh...you're so correct.  This is definitely NOT funny.....I can't even come up with the perfect word.

4. Michele Travis profile image70

There are also beauty contests for women in China, Italy, and all over.  One of them is called the 'Fat and Beautiful' Beauty Pageant.  Don't have enough space to copy and paste, it is hard to describe.

4. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Rutley.......it is not your imagination.....IT IS THEIR IMAGINATION....without a mirror.

1. Michele Travis profile image70

They still have contests.   Here is a link

http://www.ibeatyou.com/competition/3a6045/fat-people

5. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 5 years ago

It's definitely not your imagination. That picture is just one little (hehe) example of the people you see at the beach or other bathing areas. Then there are those horrid Walmart emails that seem to keep coming around.

6. MarleneB profile image98
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

It's not your imagination. I think sometimes people are in denial that the bathing suit really doesn't fit and all that extra skin really is hanging out over the edges of the suit.

7. shiningirisheyes profile image60
    shiningirisheyesposted 5 years ago

I wonder if they don't see themselves as others do?  Good for them.  Thats one healthy self-body image.

1. fpherj48 profile image77

A healthy image?  More like a delusional and deadly image......but I do realize you are being facetious!! LOL

8. JayeWisdom profile image92
    JayeWisdomposted 5 years ago

It's all too true, but I won't be one of them!  In fact, if I could bring back the 1920s style of "bathing costume", I would--just for me. "Cover up" is my mantra these days. Fortunately for me, the hospital health club lets participants in its aqua therapy wear large tee shirts in the pool. Maybe a few months of the water exercises will tighten up everything now "fluffy", so the tee shirt won't be necessary!

The photo posted by Michele makes me feel ill.  That these women exploit their gross obesity (or allow it to be exploited) is dreadful. It's tantamount to being in a circus side show billed as The Fat Lady.  I can't believe any amount of payment can make up for the damage all that poundage does to their health, not to mention the difficulties it creates for everyday living.

Those two may be fairly young women, but it's difficult to tell age with masses of fat hanging all over their bodies. I find that photo incredibly sad.  Without drastic weight loss (and both women seem to be candidates for weight loss surgery), they aren't likely to survive much longer. The strain on their hearts and other organs must be intense. They probably have trouble breathing, too.  Even death will take away their dignity. People that large need oversize coffins, extra (and strong) pallbearers and oversize grave sites. Someone needs to tell them to CARE enough about themselves to get help fast!

1. Michele Travis profile image70

You are correct.  They could probably die from congestive heart failure at an early age.

2. fpherj48 profile image77

Jaye....all I can say is, "DITTO!!"   How grotesque....SAD!

9. kathyjones1952@at profile image60
    kathyjones1952@atposted 5 years ago

It is NOT your imagination!  I can't stand to see anything like this, myself, especially since I'm a christian!

1. kathyjones1952@at profile image60
      kathyjones1952@atposted 5 years agoin reply to this

These women make me uncomfortable just to look at them!  I'm sure they must be very uncomfortable themselves!

10. shara63 profile image68
    shara63posted 5 years ago

oh its not yours but probably their imagination that  small bathing suits show them even larger !

11. Rebecca2904 profile image77
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

My best friend has this theory that it's a kind of 'reverse anorexia'. Where anorexics think they're overweight and need to constantly diet and lose weight, some overweight and obese people might honestly not know that they'd be healthier and probably more attractive if they lost a little bit of weight (and that most people don't particularly want to see them in teeny-tiny swimsuits.)

working