jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

My tooth is chipped what can I do?

  1. blessed365 profile image76
    blessed365posted 5 years ago

    My tooth is chipped what can I do?

    First let me say, I do not have insurance, but my front tooth has chipped and it looks pretty weird when I smile. What do dentist do with chipped or broken teeth. Is it expensive to get a tooth repaired that is cracked or chipped?

  2. KaseyMarie profile image60
    KaseyMarieposted 5 years ago

    I think it depends on how badly the chip in your tooth is.  I've never experienced this myself but I found some useful information in Webmd that might help answer your question.  It looks like there are several methods i.e. cap, root canal, crown, veneers.  I've posted the link below.  Good luck!! 

    http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/repair … oken-tooth

    1. blessed365 profile image76
      blessed365posted 5 years agoin reply to this

      Thank you. I will check it out.

  3. christinegerl profile image54
    christinegerlposted 5 years ago

    I've known some dental services that can help you with your problem. Veneers is one of them. You can also consider invisalign, crowns and bridges. About the expenses, you can check here http://www.drsherriworth.com. Hope it can help you with your dental concern. smile

  4. crazymom3 profile image76
    crazymom3posted 5 years ago

    How ecpensive it is to fix depends on the size of the chip. If indeed the tooth is cracked, whether is repairable or even savable depends on the size of the crack. small chips if they arent hurting or bothering you and if it didnt happen due to decay can sometimes be simply filed a little and evened out. If its a larger chip but doesnt damage the tooth extensively it may be reapairable with a filling.  if indeed its damaged the tooth too much it may require a crown which would be your most expedepend expensive fix, the cost will depend on where you live.  it could be around $. If the crack extends to the root it may not be savable but it sounds like it is.  the dentist needs to look at it to determine if it has decay and thats why it broke and whether a filling will do, crown or just leave it alone.  veneers can be used but they are usually for cosmetics mostly and not strong enough to hold a tooth together. they are about as much as crowns if not more.  typically you will be charged for at least an exam and an xray, just to tell you what your options are. its tought without insurance. just for that you may be looking at a little over $100 dollars at least.  i would check with the community colleges, universitys for any student dental clinics.  check with the state for any donated dental clinics or community clinics. good luck!

    1. crazymom3 profile image76
      crazymom3posted 5 years agoin reply to this

      thank you, im sorry about the spelling. I write on my cell and can't see all the words sometimes, but i do know how to spell lol! and I hope my answer helpef you and your tooth is taken care-off :-)

  5. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 2 years ago

    No matter how big or small is the tooth damage. A good Dentist can fix the tooth. Buy a year dental plan insurance. Then, you can make the appointment with the Dentist. Most insurance cover the Xrays. The cost of Some insurances is  about average 75 up to 95 Dollars yearly. The cost for fixing your teeth after dental insurance coverage is about 70%. So if the fix is 100 Dollars. you will end up paying about 30.00 Dollars. Good luck with your teeth.