jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What do you do with your extra buttons?

1. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

What do you do with your extra buttons?

When you buy a piece of clothing that has an extra button for you to use if you lose one, what do you do with it? I know I should probably have a box or something to put them in, but they always turn up in the junk drawer and I find them five years after I might need them.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7084247_f260.jpg

2. celebritie profile image84
    celebritieposted 5 years ago

I like to use buttons on cloth purses and handbags because they come in handy for keeping the purse closed. These are some of the interesting thing about buttons especially the ones that fall off sweaters and I forget to sew them back on again.

Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am totally not crafty, but maybe I'll try something with them!

3. grumpiornot profile image73
    grumpiornotposted 5 years ago

What a fun question!
    It begs the further question about what people do with all those single socks that seem to lose their partners over the washing cycle...?

Oh, I know this one, too. I have a SpongeBob sock floating around somewhere in the ether!

4. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 5 years ago

I keep them in a special container and look at them from time to time. But never once have I ever needed to use one. By the time a button falls off, I am ready for a new piece of clothing anyway! They sure are pretty to look at though. Not sure why ....

If only I could be that organized. You are right about needing the buttons when you don't want the clothes anymore, though! Thank you for answering. smile

5. Sharkye11 profile image95
    Sharkye11posted 5 years ago

Throw them in a plastic tub, then hot glue onto stuff later for decoration. Or sew them onto pillows. I am collecting them now from re-purposed clothing in hopes of having enough one day to do a whole wall mural in buttons. I knew someone once who kept all the spare buttons from new clothes in a labeled organizer with matching thread. Now that is pretty OCD!

working