jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

For women, straight or curly hair?

1. bizzymom profile image73
    bizzymomposted 5 years ago

For women, straight or curly hair?

I have naturally curly hair, but most people would never know it because I blow dry my hair straight.  I often find that women with curly hair wish for straight hair while those with straight hair want more of a wave or curl.  What do you think?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

My hair is pretty straight, and I've always wanted it curly. Back in the day, I used to get curly perms, but I got tired of all the damage it did to my hair.

3. fosginger profile image61
    fosgingerposted 5 years ago

This is not going to be helpful, but in a way it just might be as now looking  at your name now. I always go with standard tradition "wake up, brush and go" hair.

4. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I would love straight or curly hair and a Afro looks neater than my strange hair.  I do not want a perm so I leave it like it is and sometimes I use a flat iron.

5. melbelle profile image61
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

I am like you, if I blow dry my hair, it is straight, but I rarely blow dry it any more.  It actually looks thicker and healthier when I do not blow dry, but I like the look when it is straight.

6. Beata Stasak profile image81
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

I have naturally curly hair, but I never bothered to straight them. Do not use blow dry at all, just wash them and leave them to dry naturally. But my daughter does the same like you, every morning she fights to keep her hair straight. There is no wrong or right, do what makes you happy, I has never been concerned with my looks, happy for what I have got...

7. Swinter12 profile image70
    Swinter12posted 5 years ago

Yes, I agree. Most people want what they don't have (It always seems greener in the other side of fence). However, this is not the rule.
    For instance, I have naturally curly hair and I can count the times on my fingers that I've straightened my hair and in all the occasions that I did straighten my hair, I was forced. You see, my mother just wanted to see how I looked with it straight and I had absolutely no interest.
    Roughly speaking, I must have been 12 the last time I blow dried my hair.

Anything I have done to my hair is to accentuate its curliness and volume. I've braided it and then undone the braids to get a beach-wave look. I've put rollers on to better define my curls.

I find that it's crucial for people to embrace what they have. Nonetheless, I do like change once in a while; just that in my case, it does not mean blow drying my hair.

8. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I have naturally curly hair. I flat iron it a few times a month and wear it curly mostly. I too have found this to generally be the case. Straight haired women want curls or waves and vice versa. We all want what we cannot have without causing some level of damage eh?