jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way have hair grow long and healthy? After surgery has left y

1. Michele Travis profile image72
    Michele Travisposted 5 years ago

What is the best way have hair grow long and healthy?  After  surgery has left you bald?

I had surgery for epilepsy 2 years ago, and was shaved bald.This is they way it looked 2 years ago.    My hair is growing back and I want it to be long!  But, also healthy.  How is the best way to do this?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7283408_f260.jpg

2. North Wind profile image84
    North Windposted 5 years ago

Hey Michelle,

I remember this pic. When I see it I feel relieved that you were able to have the surgery you needed.

Your hair looks lovely now but since you want it to be long and healthy you should try to get a good brush and a good comb. When you untangle your hair, use the comb because it is less likely to cause your hair to break.

You can also use a good shampoo and conditioner that hydrates the hair - try adding a few drops of tea tree oil into the shampoo. Each week, do a deep condition using either coconut, almond, olive, avocado or Moroccan oil. I find that these work better than a store bought deep conditioner. Using Aloe Vera in the hair also improves its health and it does help it to grow too. Wash your hair about twice a week and let it air dry as blow drying can hurt the hair. If you do blow dry, use a heat protector spray - Tresemme has a good one.

Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and keep up with your proteins because these help the hair to grow.

I hope that this helps your hair to grow long, shiny and healthy!

Michele Travisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you North Wind!  Those do sound great.  We have a lot of Olive Oil in the cabinet.  I will start using.  I will stop blowing it dry.

3. kyawnaing profile image55
    kyawnaingposted 5 years ago

you can find on internet the best shampoo and I think, you need to ask from doctor .

Michele Travisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for you answer,  I appreciate it.

working