jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best hair product for a boy with frizzy hair?

1. Bedbugabscond profile image98
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

What is the best hair product for a boy with frizzy hair?

My son is trying to grow his hair out. He has hair like straw that frizzles bad. It is not curly, but no matter what he does it frizzes up. What are some easy to use products for a person with this kind of hair?

2. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

You can have him apply coconut oil as a natural moisturizer.  Put it on and comb it through. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then rinse it out. This will help heal the hair and moisturize it.  You don't want to use a lot of products on hair that is frizzy as it will just worsen the condition.  Use natural shampoos and don't shampoo every day.  Most people shampoo their hair with harsh shampoos way too often, stripping the natural oils and leading to breakage and frizz.   

To keep it down when leaving the house etc. just rub a bit of olive or coconut oil on the palms of the hands and kind of smooth the hair down.  Just a tiny bit or it will make his hair look greasy.

3. mwales28 profile image60
    mwales28posted 4 years ago

Noodle head is a great product.  I would suggest the full line of products i.e. shampoo, conditioner, mousse, etc.

4. Nicole Danielle profile image66
    Nicole Danielleposted 4 years ago

Possibly try leave-in conditioner or Mousse. Be careful with the Mousse though because depending on the brand it might dry his hair out. Also Silk Drops work wonders on frizz (I know from personal experience.)

working