jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What was the dumbest fashion craze you got caught up in?

1. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

What was the dumbest fashion craze you got caught up in?

I was a child of the 80's. For me it was the big mall hair and the "cauliflower" looking bangs we used to have.  I think that by far is the dumbest look I ever engaged in.  When I say big hair - I mean BIG hair lol. What makes you cringe when you look at old pictures?

2. annart profile image85
    annartposted 4 years ago

80s shoulder pads and leggings with leg warmers; awful, awful, awful.  None of these things was feminine or flattering, though the leg warmers were very comfortable in winter.  Made women in lower 20s look like teenagers and older women just look stupid (mutton dressed as lamb).
    The hair was crazy; first and last time I had a perm - ugh!
    So I agree with you!

3. peeples profile image96
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Sadly it wasn't that long ago that I got caught up in short jackets. You know the kind that only come to just below the boobs. I thought "oh wow, with a pair of skinny jeans that looks great on her". I then proceeded to buy several. After wearing them I started wondering how in the world was I going to keep the bottom half of my torso warm. It was fashionable so for a short while I suffered with having a cold belly. I have since given this up because for me when it's cold, I'd like more than my breasts warm.

4. carlajbehr profile image90
    carlajbehrposted 4 years ago

I had these green pants with huge flaps that criss-crossed and button across the front of your stomach.   My kids called them my grasshopper pants - I thought I was so hip.... strange pants . . .  Ha ha.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

In the 80's parachute pants, vans, bandannas, etc. All of the "breakin" attire that was popular at that time.

6. rfmoran profile image86
    rfmoranposted 4 years ago

Leisure suits back in the 70s. What was I thinking?

7. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

Big teased hair and miniskirts with spike heels. I was real skinny, so people told me I looked like a Barbie doll. All I needed was the boobs!

working