jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

For a lady's make-up on face, which part is more important, eyes or lips?

1. Hui (蕙) profile image81
    Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago

For a lady's make-up on face, which part is more important, eyes or lips?

Today, makeup is necessary for ladies in social activities. But applying cosmetics needs skills. So, give your opinions.

2. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

This depends on the lady.  Does she want to emphasize her lips or her eyes?  In all honesty, men aren't looking at a female's face, in my opinion.  BUT, from a male's perspective, I'd say the eyes.  Eyes are by far more important than lips.  You can also do much more to the eyes:  mascara, lashes, eye shadow, eye liner.

Hui (蕙)posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree eyes are important. Beautiful eyes reflect upon the mind. Eyes tell truth when mouth lying. But what do you mean by men aren't looking at a female's face? You maybe indeed attracted to appealing eyes, but moving sexy lips means nothing to you

3. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Lips is important to look more presentable socially, that is what I feel is most important. I don't use any other make up.

I agree. Lips give brighter and sexy sense, then weaken other flaws. But people also thinks that eyes can tell something.

4. AliceFournier profile image68
    AliceFournierposted 4 years ago

I did a hub about makeup, and I think makeup should be adapted to every woman's features, age and needs. You just need to feel confident about your makeup choices : if you feel self-conscious about the shape or the size of your lips, don't focus on them, but if you wish your eyes were bigger or smaller, you should definitely use makeup to make them look better. You can also change everyday, there are no limits with makeup!

Right. Makeup can make up flaws, if use it right.

5. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 4 years ago

I rarely wear lipstick because I personally don't like the look of lipstick on myself, and so I just apply a bit of lip balm or Vaseline.
    However I can not go without mascara, I even wear mascara to pop up to the shops lol.
    This is just a personal choice, and what I feel works best for me.

Great choice. Eyes can talk, people think, and mascara make eyes more vivid.

6. Adriana Mile profile image59
    Adriana Mileposted 4 years ago

On my opinion need to do more accent on eyes.

People say, "eyes are the window of the mind." Making them more attractive is actually to promote ourselves.

7. Blond Logic profile image98
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

I rarely wear makeup now but I feel, for me the eyes are most important. They are a better asset than my lips so I tend to highlight them.

Everyone has their own uniqueness. The key lies in to find our own characteristics and strong points.

8. Koyna Sen profile image60
    Koyna Senposted 4 years ago

It is essential to do a makeover of both eyes and lips, but I personally feel that eyes are more expressive than lips and it is required to emphasize on your eye makeup. it hardly matters, whether your eyes are small or you are doe-eyed. When you are speaking with a person, eye contact is must to create utmost impression. And smoky eyes will do it best. Lip makeup is also important, but beautiful eyes are more attractive and noticeable as well.

working