jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Do you like the look of flawless porcelain skin or naturally sun-kissed skin bes

1. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

Do you like the look of flawless porcelain skin or naturally sun-kissed skin best?

Which skin type to you is more beautiful, flawless porcelain skin or naturally sun-kissed skin?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8858471_f260.jpg

2. Romeos Quill profile image77
    Romeos Quillposted 3 years ago

" Whereth lips may touch,
    Nor eyne behold,
    Compareth love
    Her heart enfolds. "

There seems to be a resounding, deafening silence of worried swain eager to avoid the dog-house in answering such a deadly question smile
    Both types are indeed very becoming when accompanied by the eternal message of a friendly smile, regardless of the tint from its envelope.
    Did I succeed in avoiding the question? lol!
    Best Wishes,
    R.Q.

Faith Reaperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

hehehe Perfect answer dear Romeos!  Both are quite lovely, I might add.  After I asked it, I thought about what you have just written, someone does not want to wind up in the dog-house for answering.  I thank you, kind sir, for your bravery!

2. Romeos Quill profile image77
      Romeos Quillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the Oscar dear Faith; I'd like to thank ......lol!! smile
      Looks as though there are pro's and cons to both shades from reading  your amazing commenters; a healthy golden sheen vs skin cancer and premature aging; healthy, but pasty on t'other.

3. Faith Reaper profile image89

You're most welcome. Your poem it what sent it over the top : ) ... honestly, your answer is perfect as it is so very wise ... But all did have great answers and comments too as relates to the pros and cons of both types.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I think porcelain white skin looks kind of scary and unhealthy. It's also unattractive in my opinion to see someone like that in a bathing suit or shorts. Based upon the number of people who spend tons of money on tanning booths, suntan lotions, and sprays I must not be alone in my thinking. Having color looks healthy.  :-)

1. wychic profile image90
      wychicposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more -- but then, my own skin tone is what I lovingly refer to as "fish belly white"...or, on less positive days, "corpse white." I suppose it's still better than skin cancer, though, so I keep it.

2. Faith Reaper profile image89

Hi dashingscorpio, I can understand what you are saying as to those blinding white legs on the beach, but the leathery over tanned skin is not attractive either. As wychic pointed out, many are more concerned with skin cancer today.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very true. I lived in Southern California for over 25 years and there are some people who overdo it with tanning. Too much sun can really damage and age one's skin! Some people look like walking pieces of leather! :-)

4. Faith Reaper profile image89

Lol, dashingscorpio,  yes, one does not want to walk aroundlooking like that for sure!

4. profile image60
    bluebayposted 3 years ago

I think porcelain skin looks the best. not a good chance for skin cancer. It looks more healthy

Hi bluebay, when I was younger and not smart about skin cancer, I always wanted a tan, but today I am fine with no tan and skin cancer free. My skin is not porcelain though.

5. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 3 years ago

I think both are equally beautiful.  I have a friend whose skin is so porcelain and she would pass for Snow White anyday.  However, lots of people here in South Florida are tanned and looks so beautuful as well.

Hi teaches, yes, the flawless porcelain skin is so beautiful like fine china, and the naturally sun-kissed skin is equally beautiful, if not overdone to me too. I lived in Tampa when young and just married and always had a lovely tan.

working