jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can you grow natural hair long?

1. jay2jay profile image60
    jay2jayposted 3 years ago

How can you grow natural hair long?

2. lilmissmontana profile image89
    lilmissmontanaposted 3 years ago

Trim your hair regularly. Just a tiny bit will help out a lot if you keep up on it. The other way to get beautiful, healthy, long hair is to eat a healthy diet and I recommend taking vitamins. A lot of places sell a hair and nails vitamin, but you I just take Prenatal vitamins. They have done wonders for my skin, hair, and nails.

3. danicole profile image79
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

The key is keeping the hair moisturize and clean. I am assuming you are black and have natural afro hair (please correct me if I am wrong). I am only saying this because black natural hair is different from the other races hair. It's much drier so a lot depends on keeping the hair constantly and consistently moisturize. This means spritzing your hair with soft water, using oils (like coconut, castor, jojoba oil), using a heavy butter (like shea butter) and leave in conditioner. You also got to protect your hair from the elements (such as the weather) and protecting and limiting your use of heat and harsh chemicals. If possible refrain or limit use of heat (blow dryers, flat irons).

Also be healthy drink plenty of water, exercise and eat healthy. Be good to your body and your body will be good to you

If you are not black or don't have afro texture/coily hair, some of the tips above can work for you too, especially about living a healthy lifestyle, protecting your hair from heat and the elements and keeping it clean.

Lastly have patience. It may take time so don't check your hair constantly, let it grow. By the way I have some hubs on natural afro textured hair so check it out!!! Good luck!!!

4. mathslover profile image85
    mathsloverposted 3 years ago

Sometimes braiding your hair with extensions helps it to grow.

5. Jasmeetk profile image81
    Jasmeetkposted 3 years ago

The best thing effective for me and anyone else is to use OLIVE OIL. Massage your scalp and hairs with olive oil a day before hair wash. You will see accountable result in few applications. You can add coconut oil in olive oil as it is also good for your hair. Anyhow, it is a little difficult to keep hair oil whole day in these summers, but if you want long hairs then give a try to olive oil smile