jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Do you approve of, and support Black women's natural hair?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image78
    Brinafr3shposted 5 years ago

Do you approve of, and support Black women's natural hair?

A genuine comment for Black women that wear their natural hair is a fair gesture, don't you think so?

2. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

I'm confused... Why wouldn't it be acceptable for anyone to wear their hair naturally?  That's the way we're all born, why change it?

I think people who present themselves in their natural state are beautiful because they don't try to hide who they are.  There is an attractive quality to being genuine that can't be replicated. 

Be who you are & be proud!

Brinafr3shposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that!
      People will be surprised on how other Black women treat each other about those Black women that do wear their natural hair.

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mom Kat, what a beautiful statement!

3. Lady_E profile image77
    Lady_Eposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7226786_f260.jpg

I do, it's nice to wear it naturally but as you know - African hair varies. Some are lovely and soft, like the photo above. Some are very curly. (particularly for mixed race) soft too, but some are very thick  and those are the ones, that people tend to use hair relaxers for, which gives a very enhanced, straightening look. I particularly admire those who just have a very low cut and leave it natural.

Women with thick hair should also be comfortable with wearing their natural hair, and not cut it in a short style to suit other people. This is why "Twist Out Styles" are wore and "Braid Out Styles."

4. Crissylite profile image75
    Crissyliteposted 5 years ago

I embrace my natrual hair. It's a part of who I am. Everybody should do the same and respect other people's individuallity. I wrote a Hub on this a few months ago:

http://crissylite.hubpages.com/hub/Love … tural-Hair

I agree with you.

5. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

The subject of hair is a hot issue among Black women.    There is the issue of so-called good hair(naturally straight and long hair) and so-called bad hair(naturally woolly and short hair).  While Black women with so-called good hair are considered to be more attractive, Black women with so-called bad hair are pressured to straighten their hair or oftentmes be derided if they elect to wear their hair natural. read more

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This hub is in response to this question. Please stop by and read.

working