jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What to consider when getting your first tattoo?

1. profile image52
    asif sayedposted 3 years ago

What to consider when getting your first tattoo?

Artwork, artist, body part, hygiene and price

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

When first getting a tattoo, I would not be spontaneous. Just do not get a tattoo for the sake of getting a tattoo. Have something picked out that really means something to you and your life. Something that you will still be proud of years down the road.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Whatever you do, don't get someone's name tattooed on you unless it's "MOM" or the name of your child. Years ago, my brother in law had his girlfriend's name ("Debbie") tattooed on his arm and six months later they broke up. I told him to have his tattoo guy re-work it so that it said "F**k Debbie," but he didn't think that was such a good idea. Haha.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Try to imagine what it would look like 20 years or more from now. Depending on where one gets it done and how their skin ages overtime they may come to regret it. There is a huge market these days for companies that either "fix" tattoos or remove them.
    Lastly depending on what your occupation is you may want to have it located in a spot that would not be exposed during interviews or in the workplace. Not all hiring managers are fans of tattoos. They want their employees to represent the company with a clean cut image.
    Some people are also reluctant to date people with tattoos.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.