jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (19 posts)

How often should a man shave?

1. creator of wonder profile image59
    creator of wonderposted 8 years ago

How often should a man shave?

One of my friend's father told him that a shaving too often would make you have bad skin, he said once every other day.

2. sasanqua profile image81
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

It depends on the man. A friend of mine has facial hair that grows very quickly, so he often shaves every day. My brother does not grow facial hair very quickly so he shaves less often. Just try what you think is right, and if your skin becomes bad try using an after-shave moisturising cream.

3. fireball* profile image60
    fireball*posted 8 years ago

It depends to the man,what suits him.My husband,shaved everytime but if its cold,hairy helps to fight the cold,so he won't shave for a few days.

4. Larry Farlow profile image59
    Larry Farlowposted 8 years ago

Actually shaving is good for your skin.  It acts as an exfoliate, removing old dead skin cells.  Most men can shave once per day with no difficulties.  Men with very sensitive skin may be an exception but by using good technique, even these men should be able to shave every morning.  One of the keys to avoiding irritation is only to shave with the grain of the beard growth.

5. kezan98 profile image60
    kezan98posted 8 years ago

my husband likes to have stubble so shaves every few days.  If he shaves it all off he looks about 12, maybe it will be something he starts doing when he hits his 40's

6. sudh.microsoft profile image53
    sudh.microsoftposted 8 years ago

Really depends
    my bro shaves everyday:p because hes a hotelier.Hoteliers should have clean shave

7. Sherbet Penny profile image73
    Sherbet Pennyposted 8 years ago

Well depending on the job situation, I personally believe shaving everyday is not good for the skin.  I love to leave it for 3-4 days, let the face rejuvenate and find it is always a better shave, rather than shaving tough stubble daily.

8. FCEtier profile image76
    FCEtierposted 7 years ago

I shave every work day.
    I shave on my days off if I'm going somewhere (like church) where I want to look nice.
    I officiate high school football games, so on gameday, I shave around 3 or 4 pm in the afternoon so when I arrive at the game I don't have "5 o'clock shadow".

9. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Once a week or whenever I go out in public with my sweetie, whichever comes first.  Not having to show up someplace every weekday is great.

10. padmendra profile image44
    padmendraposted 7 years ago

In early years of man's life, he should shave once in a week, followed by twice or thrice a week and regularly when going to office or business. Regular shave may put skin rashes and darkness on the shaving places but if good quality blade and shaving cream if used it would not leave that much bad effect.

11. D_D_Brown profile image60
    D_D_Brownposted 7 years ago

I shave every day, and yes that includes my bald head as well.

12. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 7 years ago

Shaving doesn't give you bad skin.  I think it helps exfoliate dead skin cells, which actually improves your skin.  Every other day sounds ideal.

13. hotwebideas profile image75
    hotwebideasposted 6 years ago

I shave every other day. I cannot stand shaving, so I try to get away with it. My wife complains on the days that I don't, but she understands (I think).

1. profile image60
      almorrposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's like me as well, I have such a quick growth that when I kiss my wife in bed at night she notices that I have stubble,so I shave at night, not in the morning, although sometime I shave twice a day to keep her happy.

14. pbsandwichofdoom profile image95
    pbsandwichofdoomposted 6 years ago

I don't know about skin problems, but my preference is just not to be stubbled to death when I kiss my boyfriend. If it's long enough, it doesn't scratch, and if it's smooth it doesn't scratch, but if it's short enough to stick straight out, it feels a bit like rubbing your face down with steel wool.

15. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

It would really depend on how fast each mans beard (hair) grows.

16. jgwhite66 profile image84
    jgwhite66posted 4 years ago

I think that in a regular situation you should shave daily, first thing in the morning if possible. It's a part of getting ready for the day ahead, a chore if you like but a necessity. A ritual to undergo in order to show others that you take care in your appearance. If you have heavy beard growth then you may prefer to shave twice a day especially if you're going out that evening.

17. icv profile image68
    icvposted 4 years ago

actually shaving will badly affect the skin. because we use tools they are not natural. so, it is better to reduce the times of shaving

18. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

depends, my hubby shaves 2 week once, he doesn't grow side burn that fast

working